Some new work

I thought it was about time I posted some new work onto my blog. Now I have finally updated my website, there are no excuses!

The first part of this year had been a very busy one. First mammoth task was finishing off my second authored/illustrated book for Hardie Grant Books. A kind of second-volume to 'My Abuela's Table', my new book 'My Abuelo's Mexican Feast' focuses more on my Abuelo (grandfather's) life and the food he loved.

I think it may be a bit early to be posting photos from the book, but I hope I can give you a sneaky peak soon. 'My Abuelo's Mexican Feast' will be in stores February 2015. Oh, so long to wait!!

I've also been doing a few new thing for one of my favourite clients, Ashdene. First, being a whole tea range featuring the blue wrens from my 'Plume & Perch' mug collection. The fine bone china range includes tea cups and saucers, a tiered cake stand, cake plates, tea pots and much more!



You can buy the Plume & Perch tea range at Myer, and selected homewares stores, or online here.



Secondly, I also have a new stoneware range out with Ashdene! (They have been keeping me busy). This one is called 'Nectar' and is a kind of Nordic, folk art inspired design featuring humming birds, bees, dragon flies and florals.




Just a few of the pieces from Nectar. You can buy Nectar at Myer, and selected homewares stores or online here.

Last but not least, I did a mini stoneware collection (again with Ashdene) in completely contrasting style to my previous work with them. 'Into the Woods' features rabbits and birds, mushrooms and foliage drawn in pencil and combined with watercolour washes. My favourite way to illustrate!







'Into the Woods' is available to buy in selected homewares stores or online here.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment