Whats news?


Hello. I've been a little busy the past week. No blog posts from me for a while! But some exciting things have been happening.


Most excitingly, my cookbook 'My Abuela's Table' has been shortlisted for an APA Book Design Award in the category of best designed cookbook. Wow! So exciting. I am in some amazing company, so I am just happy to be shortlisted. I am looking forward to going to the award ceremony in Sydney in May and hob-nobbing with the publishing industry. Yay!


In other news, I have been busy getting some giclee art prints done of my 'Mrs Rabbit' painting and 'Daylesford Dreaming' (a popular one at the markets last year!). You can now buy these prints over at my Etsy shop. It's the first time I've printed giclee prints (thanks Lantern Printing), and I'm loving the quality...amazing!






One last piece of news: I am heading back to Rose Street markets tomorrow. It will be the first market stall I have had there since 2007! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. So I will be there with art prints, stamps galore, and a few other bits and bobs. Come and say hi. Rose St, Fitzroy (11am-5pm).


That's all for now...


x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck on the "APA Book Design Award"... that is so excellent!

    Bummer... I want to go to the markets... I wish I still lived in Melbourne sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on being short listed....that is really exciting and from the little i've seen of your book online you deserve it.....your illustrations are really lovely cheers crispin

    ReplyDelete