New book:  Sweetie! 50 delectable treats


Hurrah! A new book I designed and illustrated is about to hit the book shelves (on February 1 to be exact). Sweetie! (Hardie Grant Books) was possibly the hardest book I have had to design so far - only because I spent about 8 weeks staring at photographs of the most amazingly delicious looking sweets having to paint them in full detail.





I admit, I ended up baking a few of these delicious recipes, and delicious they certainly are. In here you will find little bite size desserts: cake pops; brownies; whoopie pies (I had no idea what these were until I did this book!); alcoholic iceblocks for the grown ups; and ice-cream sandwiches. I could go on, but I am getting hungry just thinking about all of these yummies, and it's only breakfast time!







You can pick up a copy of Sweetie! for only $19.95 in a week or so (official date of release is February 1) at all good book shops or online (although I prefer to support the physical book stores).


x



7 comments:

  1. ooh how exciting! looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is beautiful! You've made me want to go out and buy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh no this is really dangerous" says my waistline... I am going to have to buy a copy now.. yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty book! Those recipes look very tantalizing, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very pretty (and yummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful book and great follow-up to your other brilliant work! Where do you get your inspiration? I'm currently starting to put together a cookbook and a trying to illustrate my recipes. Any tips from someone who has been there, done that? I'd love to pass them onto a cookbook writing group I'm part of.

    ReplyDelete