Festivities...

Three weeks of over indulging have just come to an end for me. And what a fabulous three weeks it has been. Starting with a week in Wandiligong, a little town just outside of Bright in Victoria. I like to call it 'paradise'. Perfect weather, great company, lots of food and wine and lovely walks taking in the country side.



I was even inspired to throw myself off a cliff...well, that is attached to a paraglider...and with a professional behind me. What an awesome experience. We got up to 1,400 meters and could see forever (well it seemed that way). Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, my boy took me for a picnic on top of Mount Buffalo, and proposed to me! Yay! Five years in the making. It was worth the wait as I got the most amazingly beautiful diamond ring. I did a little drawing of it it was so nice. I can't do it justice with my little sketch though...but it's the thought that counts!



If that all wasn't enough, we just spent a week in the Barossa Valley, drinking wine and eating (again...too much). We stayed at a great B&B in Penrice. It's garden was full of honey eaters. I love those birds! I had to draw them after taking a bizillion photos of them...



And that ends my three weeks of slothing, eating, drinking and generally gaining weight. Now back to work and a bit of a detox.

x

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had the perfect holiday!

    I got a book for christmas which I wasn't too keen on and I managed to go and exchanged it for what I really wanted..."My Abuela's Table"... I'm so happy... Such a beautifully illustrated cook book... LOVE IT :)

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty retreat, a pretty ring (congratulations!) and a pretty bird. Sounds like a pretty amazing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fairytale way to end the year. Sounds so beautiful and magical. Congratulations to you and your fella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Wishes & Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Dany!!!! Wow-thats wonderful news and Im super excited for you! please be sure to draw and write your wedding planning progress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dany I just discovered your blog and it is truly beautiful. Your cookbook has been catching my eye everywhere I go so I'm excited to find you here! Many good things for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! So exciting!! Yes Deb, good idea - i should be drawing my wedding planning! Oh, but to find time...

    x

    ReplyDelete