Vietnamese Street Food by Tracey Lister and Andreas Pohl

A book I recently designed for Hardie Grant Books has just hit the shelves...Vietnamese Street Food by Tracey Lister and Andreas Pohl. This book was such fun to work on, although quite torturous at times staring at photographs of delicious Vietnamese food often late at night and quite hungry.

The street photography (by Michael Fountoulakis) in this book is stunning. Colourful and vibrant. I took elements of the cute and kitch tablecloths and wonderful French tiles to create colourful watercolour patterns that feature through out the book. Not just full of delicious recipes, this book also features a number of Vietnamese street food vendors and their wonderful stories, as well as a great directory of herbs, noodles, and sauces.

This is the first book I designed after 'My Abuela's Table' and I'm quite chuffed at how it turned out. It's nerve racking when you are designing someone else's book, but I think the authors and publishers were happy with it. Hurrah! I love my job.

It's out now at all good book shops for RRP $39.95. Go buy it...NOW!

x












5 comments:

  1. I'll have to hunt down a copy of the books you designed when I do a big shop in Sydney next week. I have Tracey's first book for KOTO. I knew Tracey when she was the training chef for KOTO way back when. I was also working and living in Hanoi. Love that she's sharing how to make all the yummy street treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I actually got my boyfriend to buy this book (amongst others) for my upcoming birthday. Looking forward to enjoying the food, the writing, the photography and your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so stunning and vibrant that it increases the curiosity of the reader.

    ReplyDelete