ARGH!! My Abuela's Table is on the book shelves!

OK, so this is not the most flattering photo of me, but I had to post it to show my look of glee at first spotting my book at Dymocks. It was supposed to be released next Wednesday, so this was a nice surprise. It actually felt like I had brought in a stack and placed them on the bookshelf as a joke. A little surreal and odd!


Does it look odd to anyone else?

I must admit, I was a little tempted to hang around to see if anyone picked it up to look at it, but it was pretty quiet in Dymocks so I might have been there until closing. Cross fingers for lots of sales and lots of positive feedback.


You can pick up My Abuela's Table at most book stores I think. Hurray! And it's only $35. How they make a hard cover book with a French folded dust jacket for $35, I have no idea. It cost me around $80 to make my hand-bound version!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't imagine how strange it must be to see your handiwork for sale in a store, but wonderful too! Are there any plans to distribute it in the US, she asked hopefully?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer! I am not sure about US distribution, but you CAN buy it on Amazon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, I can't wait to spot it when I get out and about to a bookstore - I've been looking forward to seeing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations daniella! i can't wait to see it in the flesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats daniella! your book looks beautiful (and yummy)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I bought it and love it very much. can't wait to cook from it too. ANd even if I don't cook from it soon, I'm still happy to own a copy.

    ReplyDelete