Queensland Flood Appeal Auction...

UPDATE: CLOSING TIME TO THIS AUCTION NOW 9PM JAN 24TH (not midnight!)

It's been a sad week for Queenslanders (and all Australians) with the horrible floods that have devastated the State. As a Queenslander, and 'Brisbanite' by birth, I thought I should help out somehow.

I stumbled upon this great blog which has been encouraging crafty folk to auction their handmade wares with all proceeds going to the flood relief. What a perfect way to help out!

So... I am auctioning a little package which includes:
  • 1 pair of cute button earrings
  • 1 rubber stamp with one of my original illustrations (this one is my popular book plate stamp!)
  • 1 big fish cushion, which measures 67cm in length and is made from 100% linen body and cotton/felt details.
Here are some pics: (instructions on how to bid follow)


Big Fish cushion

pink gingham earrings! (studs)


Book Plate stamp made from reclaimed materials

If you would like to place a bid, you will be bidding for the whole pack (three items together).

So, here is how this auction works:

  1. Bidding will start at $30 (Australian).
  2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
  3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
  4. This auction is open to everyone, however $30 will be charged for International addresses. Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
  5. The auction begins NOW and will END at 9 PM on Monday 24th January 2011.
  6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post off your goodies!
Please note: this is for serious bidders only

Please keep in mind that this auction is happening out of goodwill - with the aim to raise funds for those who have been devastated by the floods in Queensland. All bids are FINAL - so please be CERTAIN that you can make the payment.

Thankyou for participating and happy bidding!

13 comments:

  1. That is brilliant Dany. What a fabulous way to raise money. The winning bidder makes a donation and in effect, receives free pressies for it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant and I LOVE seeing your beautiful work. I bid $50. (My email address is in my profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $60!

    I ADORE the cushion. I make cushions myself. If I don't win maybe I could entice you into a swap...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great bidding guys! Thankyou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous bundle of amazing, fabulous contribution, happy bidding, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing fish to adorn my lounge room, earrings to adorn my ears and a stamp so that my books come back to me.
    My bid is: $110
    email:
    wombat.donna@optusnet.com.au
    Cheers
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. $120.00
    email as before

    i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi bidders. I am changing the end time to this auction from midnight to 9pm on Monday 24th January. I think this is a little more friendly time to make some last minute bids! Hopefully this doesn't inconvenience any one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. $130!

    carrie.lindsay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah, Carrie! With one minute to spare! Well done. Thanks to all my bidders. I'm so pleased to have raised such a nice amount for the flood appeal. Sorry you were pipped at the post Isis! :-(. Thanks everyone!!

    ReplyDelete